Bundaberg Regional Council
Consulting & Commissioning
Corematic Engineering was engaged by the Bundaberg Regional Council (BRC) to assist in extracting data from their mobile equipment. BRC wish to extract vehicle information from the vehicle data bus (known as CANBUS), using onboard fleet tracking hardware currently implemented on the vehicles.
Corematic engineers extensive knowledge of vehicle CANBUS allowed them to provide training on extracting and understanding the data, as well as assistance in configuring their existing fleet tracking hardware to read this information.
Thanks to assistance from Corematic Engineering, the Bundaberg Regional Council now have a deeper understanding of extracting data from their vehicles, as well as a working upgrade to their fleet tracking hardware that now enables them to gain a deeper understanding of the health of their vehicles.
- Training provided to BRC staff on interrogating and understanding CANBUS data
- Supply of specialist equipment for reading vehicle CAN information
- Working upgrade to fleet tracking hardware, enabling remote monitoring of CANBUS data
- Rapid response – working system in three days!
- Staff now have a deeper understanding of vehicle communication standards
- A working solution in short time
- Clear view of live health status of vehicles – reduce downtime and running costs